“Whether we remain the ash or become the phoenix is up to us.”
To make things easier with character creation, we have added a step-process to guide you through it. Please feel free to ask for help if you need it! Also, we assume that you have a copy of Wraith the Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition. If you do not, please let us know and we can direct you to where you can find one.
- Set your character’s REAL name and BIRTHDATE. (example: 26 November 1981)
- Set your character’s SPLAT. (Wraith)
- Set your character’s CONCEPT.
- Set your character’s FACTION. (Orpheus)
- Set your character’s LAMENT. (Skimmer or Sleeper)
- Set a +note/general, titled Lament, to record the respective Advantages and Disadvantages of your chosen LAMENT. These can be found on pg. 479-480 of Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary.
- Set your character’s SHADE. (Banshee, Haunter, Poltergeist, Skinriders, Wisp, Phantasm, Marrow)
- Make a +note/general, titled SHADE, that records your Favored and Prohibited Arcanos and their XP discounts (found on pg. 480 of WtO20).
- Based on your chosen SHADE, choose a Nature from among your SHADE’s cluster of Natures (pg. 481-482 of WtO20).
- Based on the concept, assign your character’s ATTRIBUTES. You have 7/5/3 to place where your character is strongest to weakest. (Example: 5 dots to assign in Physical Attributes, 7 assigned to Social, and 3 to Mental.)
- Based on the concept, assign your character’s ABILITIES. You have 13/9/5 to place where your character is strongest to weakest. (Example: 5 dots to assign in Talents, 9 assigned to Skills, and 13 to Knowledges.)
- Choose ARCANOI. You receive Embody 1 and Lifeweb 1 for free due to Orpheus training. Select 1 Shade-Specific Arcanos plus 2 more Arcanoi of your choosing (you cannot choose your Prohibited Arcanos with these points).
- Choose BACKGROUNDS. You have 7 points. (Please try to base this on your concept.)
- Record your STATUS background as 1 for free.
- Choose and NOTE your PASSIONS. You have 5 points. (Cannot be rated higher than 5.) (example: Protect my fetters. (Fear) 5.)
- Choose and NOTE your TETHERS. You have 10 points. (Cannot be rated higher than 5.) (5 MUST be spent on the physical body)
- Set your starting PATHOS. (5)
- Set your starting WILLPOWER. (5.)
- Set your ANGST. (5)
- Select and +note your character’s STAINS (3). (You may choose either from Wr20 or Orpheus: Book 1 for your Stains).
- Apply shade modifiers.
- Spend your FREEBIE POINTS. You have 18 to assign.
- Attributes: 5 per dot
- Arcanoi: 5 per dot (Including Shade Arcanoi)
- Willpower 2 per dot (House Rule)
- Abilities: 2 per dot
- Passions: 2 per dot
- Backgrounds: 1 per dot
- Tethers: 1 per dot
- Pathos: 1 per 2 dots
Set all NOTES. (Required for backstory, backgrounds, merits, flaws, starting equipment, anything important.)
Set your DESCRIPTION.
SUBMIT your character for approval.
Note: While waiting on approval, take this time to read through the book and get familiar with the MU* commands. Please, don’t be afraid to ask questions. We are here to help!