Not every house rule is on this page. But here is a collection of subjects that didn’t fit anywhere else. You should +bbread 34 in game as well.
- Changeling 20th Anniversary is the rules system we use. C20’s rules supersede all other editions unless otherwise noted.
- Remember to talk to your Director and be open to discussion and revision!
Time scale and actions
At this game we are combining the concept of a ‘week’ with the concept of a ‘chapter.’ Game-mechanical weeks and chapters will be treated as the same thing, and will start on the 5th, 15th, and 25th of every month.
Some Changeling specific endeavors will be handled as below:
Art and Realm raises are ALWAYS Major Tasks due to the focus required to undertake that level of growth.
High levels of Abilities (4th or 5th dot) may be Major Tasks at a storyteller or Director’s discretion. These raises will also require the typical justification that we ask for when raising an ability to that level.
Attribute raises will be handled on a special case-by-case basis at the Director’s discretion. A raise of Intelligence may not be as time costly for a character that has recently gained several dots in Knowledges, where as a character trying to bulk up and get their third dot of strength will need to spend considerable time doing so. These will still require the standard justification we expect for all attribute raises.
The Five Paths of Epiphany
This refers to the paths of epiphany from p. 260 of the Core Rulebook.
These are a special case that I will refer to as Epiphany Tasks, which will be a unique form of Major Task. They will work like this:
- A PC can undergo a Major Task AND an Epiphany Task at the same time during a particular 10-day Time Period.
- Like Major Tasks, a PC can only undergo ONE Epiphany Task per 10-day time period with the exception below.
- PCs who roll 4 or more successes on the Musing Threshold for Reverie, Rapture, or Ravaging (when using a Threshold) gain a faster understanding of their target so can perform a SECOND attempt at Epiphany in the same Time Period once the current one is resolved.
- Regular Ravaging is considered a Routine Task but brings with it some inherent risks.
Undergoing a Quest is considered a Major Task while actively pursued. This would mean anytime a Director is dedicating time toward resolving that question or the PCs involved are ICly dedicating time and effort that Time Period
When in doubt, just ask what the time economy ‘cost’ for an action might be within the +request and your Director will help clarify.
Glamour can be used as described in C20 Core Rulebook p. 172. In addition, a PC may use Glamour for the following actions:
- Spend 1 Temporary Glamour to offset the gain of 1 Temporary Banality on a 1:1 basis for any banality gained from participating in a scene in a location whose Ambient Banality is greater than the character’s Permanent Glamour. – Arcadian Sidhe Frailty: Curse of Banality means they must spend 2 Temporary Glamour for every 1 Temporary Banality gained.