Fera Player-Characters & Tiers
Last updated: April 2023
- Ananasi PCs will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. A player may pitch their Director with an idea for an Ananasi PC. The Director will only approve ideas that fit in the the rest of the MUSH. Historically, the lone Ananasi hasn’t seemed to gain much traction, in terms of maintaining a player’s interest in the long term.
- There is a mysterious, organized faction of Ananasi on the grid, though are nearly as likely to be hostile to most PC Ananasi as they are to Gaians. If your desired Ananasi concept somehow lines up perfectly with them, and you seem to be an excellent writer, I might bring you into the storyline from their perspective. No promises.
- Right now, Ananasi require a strong pitch to be considered.
- A few Bastet Tribes are more likely to find in Los Angeles than others, such as the Balam (There are over a million Central American natives in Los Angeles, and there is a huge ‘Little Central America’ neighborhood), Pumonca and Qualmi (Both are native to the American Southwest).
- A couple Tribes are not entirely unheard of, such as the Bagheera and Bubasti who each have a vaguely plausible enough reason to find themselves in Los Angeles. The Bagheera owing to the numbers of their South Asian Kinfolk who have found their way to L.A., and Bubasti owing to the secrets and mysteries that the City of Angels offers the shadowcats to explore.
- Right now, Bastet require a strong pitch to be considered.
- Corax are perfectly welcome. I am open to incentivizing almost all wereraven concepts.
- All Corax begin play with “Raven’s Gifts” — an additional dot of Subterfuge, Enigmas and Dodge, representing their bond with Raven. All Corax also begin with the same Traits: Rage 1, Gnosis 6, Willpower 3.
- Due to having hollow bones in all forms, there are some physical roll modifiers for Corax as well: Athletics rolls in all forms are –1 difficulty; soak rolls for bashing damage are at +2 difficulty.
- When a Corax is created, it is done through the Rite of Spirit Egg. The Rite can be performed on any human or Corvid, but Corax-Kinfolk are often selected. If the Rite is successful, the Spirit Egg will be bound to the Corax-to-be for about two months. During which time the Spiritual essence that makes a Corax a Corax, seeps into the incubating Corax, until it finally hatches and the child of Raven undergoes their First Change.
- Nuwisha require a very strong pitch to be considered. There are only about a hundred of them in the entire world, after all.
- There is no chance of a ‘Nuwisha masquerading as a Garou’ concept getting approved. It just doesn’t work out on a MUSH the way people hope. Although it’s true that Nuwisha can pass as particularly scrawny Garou, it’s not intended to be a long-term thing of them hanging around a sept.
- There are a great many Ratkin in Los Angeles, and they are fully available for application.
- In a nutshell, the main Ratkin narrative dynamic consists of the Courtiers of the Port of Los Angeles Colony, located in San Pedro, waging war against the Port of Long Beach Colony, located in Long Beach, for control of Terminal Island.
- Ratkin PCs are considered to be Ramblers, who are caught between these opposing Nests, and who best resemble mercenaries, refugees, exiles and all-around troublemakers. Ratkin Ramblers are the only group likely to have Homids among them, or to even spend much time in Homid form, and thus are the only Ratkin likely to interact with other non-Ratkin PCs in a significant fashion. Because of this, all Ratkin PCs are Ramblers.
- I have several Tier II roles available for Homid Ratkin, who have a close association with Bone Gnawers, and who do not belong to any Freak aspect besides Twitcher.
- I have several Tier III roles for other potential Ratkin concepts.
- There isn’t really much of a narrative space in Los Angeles for Gurahl, owing to the city being rather far from any location realistically inhabited by a bear. There has been one or two allowed in the past – although it didn’t work out (mostly because the narrative doesn’t do much to incentivize the typical ‘Fera coalitions’ of past MUSHes). There might be one allowed in the future.
- Mokole will probably never be allowed here as PCs for a number of different reasons.
- Rokea applications are not currently being accepted.
- At some point in the future, if a few players get together and come up with some plausible In-Betweener group of them who happen to roll into Los Angeles, I might be convinced to go along with it if you are all just great writers with well written applications. You shouldn’t wait around for this opportunity though. And be warned, I have zero interest in approving a single, random Rokea that just hangs around on the beach.